Pondicherry Trail Work and Ride

Tuesday, August 16th, 2022

I need to be in the Pondicherry Wildlife Refuge on Tuesday morning to help set up a detour for local visitors and cyclists on the Cross New Hampshire Adventure Trail. This is a temporary closure of the trail in the morning for a few hours, so that the US Fish and Wildlife can treat some invasive plant species. I am concerned anyone planning a ride or walk would be impacted by the closure. Posting signs doesn't always work! 

The trail surface needs some TLC in some places. I figured while I was dealing with the detour, I could do some raking, too. Raking away the loose stones has really helped the surface conditions!

So I'm inviting you to join me at Pondicherry for a rail trail raking "party" followed by a bike ride on the trail and perhaps up to the General Store in Jefferson for ice cream and/or lunch.

If interested, meet at the Airport Road entrance to the Pondicherry Wildlife Refuge at 10:00 am.  The address for the parking lot is: 289 Airport Road in Whitefield. 

IF you are willing to do some raking, please email me to let me know you are coming: marianneborowski@yahoo.com. I have 2 metal pronged leaf rakes. Please bring one and I can source more. I use gloves to prevent thumb blisters!

Also... I need a host for the ThursdayBike ride this week!


Comments

Popular Posts